Tuesday 21 July 2015

Why do i owe Michael owen a lot

It was year 2001 and I was making my bed for a good night sleep. I was lying on my bed but sleep was something I was not destined to receive that night. I could hear a faint sound of TV from the other room. Curiosity took me to that room and I noticed my elder brother watching a football match on TV. Let me admit to you my friends that I had no knowledge or interest in football back then. Still curiously I asked my brother which are the teams playing. Manchester United and Liverpool came the curt reply.That's the first time I had heard the either of the names. Seing my obvious confused look my brother explained to me that these teams are two club teams from England playing in English Premiere League. He told me that Manchester United was the best team of the league and that he is a supporter of Man U. Being always competitive to him I decided to watch the match and secretly wanting Liverpool to win. As the game went on my interest level started increasing. I was amazed to see such huge number of supporters sitting and enjoying the match inside the ground. Then came the moment which entirely changed my life. I saw a looping cross coming from the left wing towards Manchester United penalty area and to my surprise a short man jumping way above his opponent to head the ball. There was a superb connection of the head with ball and the ball went straight towards the goal with no chance from the keeper to stop it. WOW! is the word that came out of my mouth n that followed the wild celebration of the players along with supporters. Liverpool went on to win the match 2-0 with the second goal coming from John Arne Riise. That short player was none other than Michael Owen n ever since I have been a die hard fan of Liverpool. I owe Michael Owen a lot to make me a die hard Liverpool fan and bring me near to this amazing club and to the beautiful game.

1 comment:

  1. Naice bro.... I wish back then i also have had someone to make me interested in football or hockey or anything..... Hahahhahaha 😂😂😂😀😀

    Keep up the good stuff. Will be looking forward to more of your experiences.

    ReplyDelete